Re: Sound card (SB Live) found by lspci, but not at boot time

scamp wrote:
> It turned out replacing the kernel and adding that line in /etc/modules did
> the trick -- I'd been a bit wary of doing that at first because of  the
> package utility issuing dire warnings about initrd and LILO. Everything
> worked like a champ.

Yes, those warnings are a well known problem.  It happens because the
kernel modules you are installing do not match the kernel you are
running.  Ignoring those warnings is the right thing to do there.
Hopefully that will get cleaned up at some time in the future.

Bob