Re: Root can't run X programs

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:31:39 -0400
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com> wrote:

> I don't know if the Debian installation process still asks what level
> of questions and information you want to receive. But I'm sure that at
> some point it used to do so. If you set it high enough you would get
> info telling you about stuff like this: "By default program XYZ does
> not allow ABC to change this edit /etc/DEF.conf and change the value
> of allowsomething=no to alllowsomething=yes"
>
> I think nowadays all you get is a message asking whether you want
> debconf to manage your X config file and your X wrapper file.

Part of the debconf installation is asking what level of questions you want
to answer (default is "medium").

If you dpkg-reconfigure xserver-common you get the questions about who can
use X, what nice level, and such.

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 will ask about using debconf to manage your
X config.

If you want to answer more questions just use "-plow" as an option to
dpkg-reconfigure.

Kevin