Re: Sound card (SB Live) found by lspci, but not at boot time

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 12:55:38 -0400
scamp <scamp3@attbi.com> wrote:

> It is my understanding that emu10k1, soundcore, etc are all resident
> in the kernel for Woody, and no longer "modular". I'm running kernel
> version 2.2, according to "kernelversion".

I haven't run 2.2 in a long time, but I'd be surprised if emu10k1 was
built into the kernel. It's "in the kernel" in that you don't need
separate software packages, but it's still a module I think. I don't
recall the "debian-proper" way to do this, since I build most
everything into my kernels, but the quick and dirty method is to add an
"emu10k1" line to/etc/modules. I think there's a modules-config program,
or similar, that will handle this for you as well.