Re: Sound card (SB Live) found by lspci, but not at boot time

On Sunday 27 April 2003 01:30 pm, Todd Pytel wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 12:55:38 -0400

> I haven't run 2.2 in a long time, but I'd be surprised if emu10k1 was
> built into the kernel. It's "in the kernel" in that you don't need
> separate software packages, but it's still a module I think. I don't
> recall the "debian-proper" way to do this, since I build most
> everything into my kernels, but the quick and dirty method is to add an
> "emu10k1" line to/etc/modules. I think there's a modules-config program,
> or similar, that will handle this for you as well.

It turned out replacing the kernel and adding that line in /etc/modules did
the trick -- I'd been a bit wary of doing that at first because of  the
package utility issuing dire warnings about initrd and LILO. Everything
worked like a champ.

Thanks!

	Susan