Re: Procmail and Courier IMAP

In article <20030426153011$5e80@gated-at.bofh.it>, moseley@hank.org wrote:

> I don't fully understand what folder options I have for delivering
> mail in Maildir format, and how it relates to specific imap programs.
>
> For one thing, I have a top level INBOX, and I'm not sure if that's
> required or if I can have other top-level folders, or if they all have
> to be below INBOX.
>
> I don't normally deliver my mail to an "inbox", but rather I like to
> deliver mail to individual mail boxes (folders).  One problem with a
> top-level INBOX is that a number of email client then indent all the
> folders below INBOX wasting valuable screen space. ;)

This is how Courier IMAP sets things up, though... all mailboxes are
sub-mailboxes of your main Maildir.

You could use patched UW IMAPD with Maildir support if you'd prefer to
use a more conventional structure - I'm not aware of any other IMAP
servers which support Maildir.

If you don't require Maildir, you may simply want to use mbox instead.

--
No copies, please.
To reply privately, simply reply; don't remove anything.