Re: CUPS Segfaults

Replying to my own message...

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 03:33:49PM -0400, Brian Victor wrote:
>I gather from the CUPS log that the segfault occurs in the child
>process, /usr/lib/cups/backend/usb.  The error that cups reports is
>client-error-not-possible.  A full log of a test page printed from the
>web admin tools is at http://brianhv.org/badcups/testpage.log

On closer inspection, it's actually ppmtogdi that's causing the problem:
%./ppmtogdi
Caught fatal signal 11!! Aborting.
Process 13005 Stack dump:

        [0x10003390]
        [0x7fff99a0]
        [0x100b31e0]
        [0x1009db5c]
        [0x1009d340]
        [0x1009de6c]
        [0x10096570]
        [0x1009d340]
        [0x10096514]
        [0x10096b4c]
        [0x1009625c]
        [0x10097978]
        [0x1008d8c0]
        [0x1008d244]
        [0x10011bc8]
        [0x1000a4b0]
        [0x100036fc]
        [0x100041c4]
        [0x10000294]
        [0x1006ae70]

Has anyone else had this problem with a Samsung printer?  ppmtogdi is
statically linked, so I doubt it's a library issue.

--
Brian