Re: Confused state of my system

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 01:34:00PM -0400, Kevin McKinley wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:48:25 +0100
> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 12:09:59PM -0400, Kevin McKinley wrote:
> > > Debian is *very* GNOME-centric.
> >
> > If that's true it's not deliberate.
> >
> > > As a practical matter you won't be able to rid your system completely
> > > of it, even if you use KDE for everything.
> >
> > Cite? Note that GLib and GTK are not really GNOME, despite the fact that
> > GNOME is one of their major users.
>
> I'm not accusing anyone of evil.

I didn't mean to imply you were. I'm just not aware of anything in KDE
depending on libgnome*, that's all; it could only be an accident (or a
glitch in the package management tools).

> As for "Cite?" -- I'm making an observation from my own experience.

An example of a citation would be what GNOME packages you can't remove
even if you decide to go completely over to KDE.

Cheers,