Re: Very slow 3d games

[ Formatting Fixed, Top Posting Corrected ]

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Hell.Surfers@cwctv.net wrote:

> I do spend my life actually doing work, when I have free time I spend it
> helping people who are terminally ill, so im sorry if I cant follow your
> rules, but you see, unlike you, firing off emails to random people
> including many people who are fine, this person has a life, you, well,
> dont. Im sure this email is fuel for your pedantic fire, alas, the fires
> burning, nobodies stoking it...
>
>  DM

First of all, congratulations on helping terminally ill people.  More
people should.

However, the netiquette about top posting isn't a rule made up just to
be able to flame new people to this, and other, Internet forums.
Top posting does make a message harder to read, and threads harder to
follow.  For example:

Yes, the spoon
> Didn't the dish run away with someone?
>> IIRC, the dish ran away.
>>> What happened after the cow jumped over the moon?

Is a lot harder to follow then:

>>> What happened after the cow jumped over the moon?
>> IIRC, the dish ran away.
> Didn't the dish run away with someone?
Yes, the spoon.

Now, why should you care?  Well, basically, this is a list full of some
very smart people, some of which are paid alot for their skills, and all
of them are taking time out of their day to read your message and
(sometimes) reply to it, with no cost to you.  Since you are taking time
out of their busy day, you should be polite.

When you are a guest in somebody's home, do you track mud through their
house?  Leave garbage on their floor?  Of course not!

Of course, if you don't believe in politeness, at least consider this:
You'll catch more flies with honey then with vinegar.

~ Jesse Meyer

--
        ...crying "Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!"... ~ HPL
 icq : 34583382              |     === ascii ribbon campaign ===