Re: Very slow 3d games

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 12:49:29PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 02:47:29AM +0100, Hell.Surfers@cwctv.net wrote:
> > I do spend my life actually doing work, when I have free time I spend it helping people who are terminally ill, so im sorry if I cant follow your rules, but you see, unlike you, firing off emails to random people including many people who are fine, this person has a life, you, well, dont. Im sure this email is fuel for your pedantic fire, alas, the fires burning, nobodies stoking it...
>
> Actually, the other guy's right.  Your email is unreadable.  Fix that.

Usually I reformat quotes such as above to insert linewrap, etc. but
this time it seems appropriate to leave it.

It's difficult to take someone seriously who:

o top posts
o uses an MUA which "quotes" the previous message _as an attachment_
o regularly insults people
o refuses to use punctuation and other conventions which facilitate
  readability
o isn't bold enough to use his real name but calls himself
  "Hell.Surfers"
o As far as I can tell, has never posted any useful content

Any one of these transgressions might be excusable.  Taken as a whole,
the effect seems to cause reactions such as the following from the
linux-kernel list[1]:

 I'm not a big fan of kill-files but...

   :0
   /dev/null

Others have argued that killfiles should be used as a last resort, and
I tend to agree.  However, this guy seems to have irritated large
portions of the net.

BTW, though my killfile is not large, I seem to have encountered most
of its members on this list (debian-user).  I don't know if that's
interesting or not :-)

[1] http://hypermail.idiosynkrasia.net/linux-kernel/archived/2003/week00/0511.html

  We are all agreed that your theory is crazy.  The question which
  divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of
  being correct.  My own feeling is that it is not crazy enough.
          -- Niels Bohr