Re: SSL relaying

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 03:19:14PM +0100, Shri Shrikumar wrote:
> There is documentation on the exim site itself.
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.30/doc/html/spec.html

That webpage is terrible to navigate. Maybe I need a bigger monitor.

> If so, check out the end bit of /etc/exim/exim.conf

Ah... something I did not spot.

> # plain:
> # login:
> # cram_md5:

So I guess I use cram_md5? Sounds encrypted.

> Define how you want your client to authenticate here.

About changing my "smarthost", I guess I change this route_list variable.
Heaven knows what '*' and 'bydns_a' means. I tried changing it mail.cs.helsinki.fi, however
I had:

2003-04-18 17:59:58 196XKh-0000YW-00 ** hendry@iki.fi R=smarthost T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<hendry@iki.fi>: host mail.cs.helsinki.fi [128.214.9.1]: 513 Relaying denied.

Any ideas how to debug this?

#                      ROUTERS CONFIGURATION                         #
#            Specifies how remote addresses are handled              #
#                          ORDER DOES MATTER                         #
#  A remote address is passed to each in turn until it is accepted.  #

# Remote addresses are those with a domain that does not match any item
# in the "local_domains" setting above.

# Send all mail to a smarthost

smarthost:
  driver = domainlist
  transport = remote_smtp
  route_list = "* mail.inet.fi bydns_a"
  #route_list = "* mail.cs.helsinki.fi bydns_a"

end

> There is a header that you can set for this (X-Mail-Followup, I think)

Must look into that.

Thanks for your help,
-Kai