Re: Hardware Upgrade query ? extra info ...

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:02, Dave Selby wrote:
> I also have the option of installing a 2GHz P4 though I have heard that the
> AMD chip packs more punch ?
>
> Dave

Depends what you are trying to do. The Amd chips are supposedly better at
stuff like video encoding but they do not task swap as quickly and easily as
the Intel chips. I was told that by a windows user, but experience with my
Duron chip would support that. The Amd chips are definitely noisier but that
would not sway me to Intel.

hth
Bob