Hardware Upgrade query ?

I am updating my PC, and have a couple of queries ......

I have heard that debian cannot access the realy large hard drives that are
avalible now, I have an 80G drive at present works no problem, any idea what
the limit is so I dont go above it ?

The same query with memory, I have 128MB now all AOK, Looking at getting
512MB, is there an upper limit ?

AMD Athlon XP2400 Processor
MSI MS-6712 KT4 Motherboard

Anybody got any comments about this combination ? The XP bit, just optimised
for win XP ? I trust this will run debian OK ?

Any comments greatly apprerciated.
Dave

PS Kind of excited ! Only get to upgrade every 3-4 Years !!