Re: wxWindows for GTK installation

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 15:47, Tim wrote:
> I'm installing wxWindows 2.4 over top of 2.2, using the .tar.bz2 file I
> downloaded (use this rather than apt-get as I often reinstall and use a
> dialup hence need to save downloaded updates).

The deb files that are downloaded are available at
/var/cache/apt/archives.

Installing from the .deb really is the easiest solution by far.

> Following install instructions, I've run ./configure --with-gtk, make,
> make install, ldconfig.  The next instruction is to modify
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH environmental variable.
>
> As I'm no guru at this, I've not clue where to start.  Could someone
> please show me the way?  I'm using Debian stable/2.4.18 kernel.
>
> In what file is LD_LIBRARY_PATH located?  Am I off the track?

Try modifying /etc/ld.so.conf to include the path to where the library
files from wxGTK2.4 are installed and run ldconfig

HTH,

Shri

Shri Shrikumar             U R Byte Solutions
I.T. Consultant            Edinburgh, Scotland     Tel: 0845 644 4745
Email: shri@urbyte.com                             Web: www.urbyte.com