Re: Reiserfs Review

On Tuesday 15 April 2003 07:45 pm, Abdul Latip wrote:
> - I once had "wget" an ISO file. Wget reports that the ISO
>   image was successfully downloaded. But, it was corrupted
>   (i.e. can not read more than 500MB out of 650 MB).

I have had the same problem with ext2 and ext3.  I suspected bad
memory and played with that.  Then I found out that the problem
was the VIA controller bug. I turned DMA off and it fixed it,
but was really slow.  The final solution was to switch to a
Promise ATA-100 controller, which was also on the board.  It
works perfectly now.

So, for me it was a hardware problem.  I suspect it is for you
too.