errors in firestarter

Recently I began getting this error message when I start firestarter. I recompiled my kernel this past weekend, but in my new kernel iptables is compiled in (instead of being a module).

When I execute iptables -nL I get output (not empty, but I still don't understand iptables well enough to know what it all means).

Is this a problem?  How do I know if my firewall is functional?

-Roberto Sachez

modprobe: Can't locate module ip_tables

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
Firewall script restarted