Re: Newbie: where to find appletalk.o?

Dave wrote:
Quoting Talon <megglestone@heritage.sd57.bc.ca>:

Quoting Dave <sblk0802@jimmiedave.com>:

Netatalk is already installed and working with AppleTalk-via-IP. I'm trying
to enable AppleTalk-over-Ethernet (which needs appletalk.o or a custom
kernel).

Already checked (and just verified) that appletalk.o is not compiled into
my 2.2.20 kernel.

/.../

Hey Dave,

Debian stock kernels come with the appletalk module.

For kernel 2.2.x kernels, run modconf
and goto "misc"
You should find the appletalk module in there somewhere.

For kernel 2.4.x kernels, run modconf
and goto

/kernel/net/appletalk

Mike,

I figured (and all the web doc suggests) that appletalk should just plain be there (that is, supplied with the install discs as a module), but my searches before your message, and my inspections of what modconf provides (both at install time and again after your suggestion) do not show appletalk available as a module.

Certainly I should be able to find some trace of it by:

find / -name appletalk*

Maybe
  find / -name appletalk\*
or