Newbie: where to find appletalk.o?

I'm running Woody (compact flavor), installed from a downloaded 7-CD set.

I'm trying to get AppleTalk-over-Ethernet via Netatalk ('old-style' Appletalk -
AppleTalk over IP works fine) working.

I've scoured the web for a couple workdays and what I find is that I need to
load the appletalk.o module.

I can't locate appletalk.o on the hard disk, the CDs, nor can I find source for
it with dselect. Can't find any information on where to get it, why it's not
included with the CDs, anything online.

Can anyone tell me how to either locate a copy of appletalk.o or the source (and
method) for compiling it?

TIA

DC

--