Re: Newbie: where to find appletalk.o?

Quoting Dave <sblk0802@jimmiedave.com>:

> I figured (and all the web doc suggests) that appletalk should just plain be
>
> there (that is, supplied with the install discs as a module), but my searches
>
> before your message, and my inspections of what modconf provides (both at
> install time and again after your suggestion) do not show appletalk available
>
> as a module.
>
> Certainly I should be able to find some trace of it by:
>
> find / -name appletalk*
>
> but none shows up (at least not premade. I can find it as a source in kernel
>
> sources...)
>
> Perhaps I need the vanilla flavor of Woody?

Hi,
What is the history of your Debian install?
Did you use the i386-binary-1.iso image to install?
The stock kernels should have the module there. I wonder if you have
some funky kernel installed.

If you don't need a special/custom kernel then you could try installing
a debianized kernel with apt.

# apt-get install kernel-image
This will give you a list of kernels you can install. Pick the one
that best matches your hardware.

hth,

Mike