Re: evolution / SMTP not working: "we do not relay"

> Hi all,
>
> I have this problem each time I am connected to a different ISP, my usual ISP
> doesn't accept to send emails for me, even if I do make POP before SMTP.
> Receiving works OK but posting always fail. I am wondering if its not a bug in
> evolution, or that the SMTP servers I am using have something against me.

No. No ISP I know of will relay e-mail for you. The problem is that if you
were able to send e-mails using another ISP's smtp server, it would be far
too easy to send bulk spam mail. (In fact, unsecure smtp servers who _do_
relay e-mail are frequently used for sending spam). You should use the
smtp server of the ISP you are connected to. It will make no difference
whatsoever for your e-mail headers (From: and Reply-to: addresses).

> received: 553 <NerdyGeeks@yahoogroups.com>... We do not relay

Exactly as it should be, ;-)

HTH, David