Re: evolution / SMTP not working: "we do not relay"

> > received: 553 <NerdyGeeks@yahoogroups.com>... We do not relay
>
> Exactly as it should be, ;-)
>
> HTH, David

Ok thanks David & all,

It now works.

I am sending emails through the SMTP server of my temporary ISP and it
doesn't ask for any identification at the SMTP server level. Just
because I am on the LAN, and that the ADSL modem acquired a valid IP it
allows me to send emails.

I still don't understand why there are so many SMTP security mechanisms
(pop before SMTP, LOGIN, CRAM-MD5, etc...) if you can only use your
ISP's smtp which doesn't seem to use any.

Jerome