Re: evolution / SMTP not working: "we do not relay"

lacostej wrote:

Hi all,

I have this problem each time I am connected to a different ISP, my usual ISP doesn't accept to send emails for me, even if I do make POP before SMTP. Receiving works OK but posting always fail. I am wondering if its not a bug in evolution, or that the SMTP servers I am using have something against me.

Here are transcripts of me trying to send an email:

[I am connected to the noos.fr ISP, and try to send an email to my usual mail provider frisurf.no.]

In the first log, the SMTP server refuses to relay. In my email settings I didn't force the client to make a pop before SMTP for authentication.

This is a known bug in the SID version of evolution starting at ver1.2.3
frosty