Re: CVS over ssh hanging on testing

Vineet Kumar <debian-user@virtual.doorstop.net> writes:

> * Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> [20030316 22:35 PST]:
>>   Another potential clue: an scp *pushing* a large file from the client
>>   to the server writes 132 kB (regardless of the file, as long as it is
>>   larger than 132 kB) and then stalls whereas an scp *pulling* the same
>>   file from the client to the server completes.
>
> There's the clue.  This is most likely a broken router (dsl modem, or
> wireless router, or something) screwing with your MTU.

  That sounds very plausible. Thanks for the suggestion, Vineet.

> I'm guessing the testing update wasn't the only thing you changed today
> ... what did you do to the network?  ;-)

  Heh heh. While I can't remember the exact chronology (notes would have
  been nice), there *was* a firmware upgrade of my
  wireless/router/firewall (Dilink DI-713p) involved. Strangely enough,
  the upgrade was "successful" but the version didn't change, which is
  suspect. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the option on this box to fix
  the MTU.

  There might be one other angle, which I'm going to test tonight. I
  tried these tests from my other Internet hosts and they *succeeded.*
  I'm going to work with the provider of my Internet host (the CVS
  client) tonight to see if it's a firewall issue on her side.