Re: Spam filter reviews?

"Andrew Pritchard" <andrew@teppic.co.uk> writes:

>>   Anyone know of any spam filter reviews?
>>
>>   I went from junkfilter to spamfilter and I'm currently using
>>   spamassassin. But for some reason, I've gone from 1 or 2 messages in
>>   my +inbox to day to dozens. Are there other filters that are more
>>   state of the art? Can anyone compare spamassassin with spamprobe?
>
> I installed SpamAssassin (testing) last week and went away for the weekend.
> I usually get 20-30 spams over the weekend in my Inbox. I came home from an
> extended weekend away - not one spam in my Inbox.

  You only get ~10 spams/day? I get hundreds. Serves me right for
  maintaining an FAQ and other valuable Internet resources.

  I just read http://www.paulgraham.com/spam.html and am convinced that
  filters like spamassassin won't keep up and that Baysian filters are
  the way to go.

  One other filter I read about is ESR's bogofilter, whose Debian
  description appeals to me more than Debian's spamprobe description.

  I'll probably end up trying both, but would still appreciate hearing
  others' experiences.