setting up iptables

Hi there:

Well, it seems "google is your friend" is used extensivly trough this mailing
list. I tried my best to make friends with him and to find a sample iptables
config file, with no success. tldp also gave me the same results. I admit
that the iptables man page is too cryptic for me ( and I have one of those
Network + certificates ). All i want is a good and simple firewall, for my
desktop system. I have no public server installed on my computer ( well, I
use exim to send mails ) and I don't want anyone to access my computer from
anywhere. can anyone point me to the right direction?

Cheers
--
/* Those who do not understand Unix
are condemned to reinvent it, poorly