Re: Address familily not supported (Woody)

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 03:30:45PM -0800, nate wrote:
[..]

> I've had this problem for a long time, posted on it about 8-9 months
> ago(maybe longer). I think it's a bug in bitchx. the problem is it's
> trying to use IPv6. The only workaround I found was to recompile
> bitchx and disable ipv6 support in the debian/rules file. it worked
> fine for me after that.
>
> nate
[..]
I am confused now. I tried bitchx on two PCs, both failed (one Desktop,
and one gateway). I am sure both shown the described error before I
turned off the Desktop. I was surprised seeing bitchx working properly this morning on my gateway, but have no idea why. Turning on my the other PCs and bitchx works properly on the Desktop, too.
hmpf...

However, thanks for your answer.

ciao
Walde