Re: ALSA conf

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 01:15:56AM +0200, Johan Ehnberg wrote:

> >To maximize your popularity on this list... avoid top-posting (it kinda
> >screws up the readability of a thread),
> >
> Top-posting? You mean answering without really replying (header
> missing)? Or?
> In my email client (mozilla-mail 1.3b) the mail came in the right place
> in the thread...
> I'd like to hear what I could do better, as this is something I haven't
> heard before.

Oh, sorry.  I should have explained.  Top-posting is when you put your
replies at the top of the message, as opposed to interspersing them
through the message.
The way you have written this reply is the preferred method for this
list.  Top-posting won't break the threading from a mail-client's point
of view, but someone joining partway through a thread (or reading the
archives on the web) has more work to do in figuring out what your reply
pertains to...

> OK. Good point. I myself like to get a personal copy, so that I really
> don't miss the mail when it comes. (I filter my inbox, MLs are separate).
> Sometimes I just don't have the time to search through some 100 mails :-) .

Yep.  Nothing wrong with that, different strokes for different folks
and all that. I also use separate mailboxes, and I usually at least skim
the list of threads.  I get a lot of mileage out of <Ctrl>d for
delete-thread in mutt.  ;-)