Re: ALSA conf

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 12:41:27PM -0500, ScruLoose wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 06:46:06PM +0200, Johan Ehnberg wrote:
> > ALSA is horribly documented, if it's gonna be the next de facto standard
> > they have to shape up...
>
> Absolutely right.  After I *finally* got it to work, the sound is great;
> but I found f*&%-all documentation for it.  Only with the great help of a
> few people on this list, and some google results from other mailing lists,
> did I manage to get it going.

Yeah, ALSA is fairly doc-less, but most of the problems people have had
(or at least I did) were related to getting the damn thing to build
properly.  ALSA is part of the 2.5/2.6 kernel, so it'll be as easy to
build as the OSS modules are now.

Even so, I've found the alsa-source package, combined with
kernel-package made it almost trivial to build the ALSA modules
correctly.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>				http://ertius.org/