Re: ALSA conf

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 08:20:41PM +0200, Johan Ehnberg wrote:
> Yes. That solved it! Many thanks to you. I'm now listening to music
> through xmms :-) .

Yay!
It feels good to have something to give back.  I'm still rather a
newbie at this, and mostly asking questions of my own.

> The functionality of ALSA seems great, I just hope they will make it
> more user friendly.

Yeah... or at least have a useful amount of documentation.

> That's basically what the community needs to concentrate on to bring
> linux to the desktop.

There's some truth to that.  Mind you, there's been great progress over
the last several years.  I've tried to switch to Linux before, and
always I gave up because there were essential things that I could *not*
get working.  Most notably printing.  This time I encountered a lot less
trouble.

Oh, and a little pointer:
To maximize your popularity on this list... avoid top-posting (it kinda
screws up the readability of a thread), and don't reply off-list unless
somebody specifically requests to be Cc'ed.  Personally, I don't
especially mind that, but I don't particularly need to get two copies.
That's listed somewhere in the list policies, and some people tend to
get annoyed by it.

	Cheers
	-Chris