Re: wtf? (long and frustrated)

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 02:02:21PM -0600, Kent West wrote:
> It sounds like you're running XFree86 3.x; I think upgrading to 4.x
> would be of benefit to you. Of course, the easiest way to do that is to
> leave Woody behind and go for Sid or Testing. I run Sid on my

Huh?  Woody has X4.1, and it is in fact the default X system that
tasksel installs.  If you want X4.2, then both sarge and sid have it.
Also, you can get Eduard's backport of X 4.2 to woody from this URL:
http://people.debian.org/~blade/woody/.  I've not used it (I use sid),
but I've seen many people use it succesfully...

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>				http://ertius.org/