Re: Mirroring apt repositories?

Hi,

Sven Hoexter wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 02:10:37AM -0500, sean finney wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 06:30:30PM -0700, Pete Ashdown wrote:
> > > Has anyone know of a method for mirroring through apt?  I'm aware of
> > > apt-move, but I can't seem to get it to do a complete mirror that grabs
> > > everything and not just the distribution that I have in the sources.list.
> > > It also creates empty directories for all the architectures, regardless of
> > > whether they are actually used or not.
> >
> > have you looked at the debmirror package?  it does this pretty well,
> > and has examples at the bottom of the manpage.  however, i think
> > it only does rsync and ftp.  wonder why it doesn't do http...
> Well http is not that easy to parse and handle when you try to mirror a
> whole dir recursiv especially when directory index is forbidden.
>
> If you intend to use debmirror I suggest to use it with debmirror-wrapper
> http://people.debian.org/~absurd/debmirror-wrapper
>
> Another solution might be apt-proxy but IIRC it uses rsync as backend.

No, it can use http, ftp or rsync as backend, depending on what you specify...

man apt-proxy:

[...]
DESCRIPTION
       apt-proxy  is an advanced shell script designed to be run out of inetd,
       and provides a clean, caching, intelligent  proxy  for  apt-get,  which
       speaks  HTTP to apt-get clients, and http, rsync or ftp to the back-end
       server(s).  Usually it is run on port 9999, mainly because that is  the
       default configuration, and people are lazy.
[...]

Regards,

Rene
--
 .''`.  Rene Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73