Re: wtf? (long and frustrated)

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:37:14 -0500
Jeff Elkins <jeffelkins@earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Monday 10 March 2003 1:49 pm, Glenn English wrote:
> >There ought to be a list for debian wannabes. I've tried several times
> >to get woody going on a couple different boxen - most recently a Dell
> >Latitude laptop.
>
> I'd give Knoppix a shot on that laptop.

That's an excellent idea. Check out the configuration files and see how Klaus makes it work.

Or, just install Knoppix on the hard drive -- it is a Debian distribution. Here are a couple of articles describing that process:

http://www.linuxworld.com/site-stories/2002/1104.barr.html

http://www.freenet.org.nz/misc/knoppix-install.html

Kevin