Re: wtf? (long and frustrated)

On 10 Mar 2003 11:49:03 -0700
Glenn English <ghe@slsware.com> wrote:

> There ought to be a list for debian wannabes. I've tried several times
> to get woody going on a couple different boxen - most recently a Dell
> Latitude laptop.

Have you tried the Linux on Laptops web site?

http://www.linux-laptop.net/

It's very likely someone has already gone through what you're doing now, and has posted the answers to your questions. Perhaps another distribution was installed instead of Debian, but details like the XFree configuration, mouse, sound, PCMCIA etc. will be either the same or similar enough that you'll know how to do the right thing.

If you're new to Debian I recommend Steve Hunger's Debian GNU/Linux Bible as a good general dead-tree reference.

For online help install either one of the packages dwww or dhelp. It organizes documentation into a local web site, so you can stroll through it with your favorite web browser.

Kevin