Re: [OT] Complaint

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 17:35, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:

> > Joseph> Over the past few weeks, I've been recieving several pieces of
> > Joseph> mail directly to my inbox because users are Bcc'ing (for what
> > Joseph> ever reason) the debian-user list. I would like to ask those
> > Joseph> people to please NOT bcc the list. If you must include the list,
> > Joseph> please place it in your CC or TO field when sending the
> > Joseph> email. Because the Debian-User list doesn't have a subject-line
> > Joseph> additive I can filter on, I rely soley on the to and cc fields
> > Joseph> for my filtering.
> >
> > There are several other headers that you can filter on.  Most of them
> > are hidden by mail readers, but there should be...

> > (Or something like that.  I read d-user through the gmane.org mail-news
> > gateway, which may munge some headers, or add or remove headers.)
> >

> While I appreciate everyone's suggestions I filter on other headers, I'm
> using Mozilla 1.3b as my MUA. It filters on the following:
>
> Subject
> Sender
> Body
> Date
> Priority
> Status
> CC
> To or CC (combined into one)
> Attachment Size
> Junk Status
> Label
>
> Okay. I take that back. It appears that I can customize my filters. Just
> noticed that.
>
> Still, there is no reason to BCC the list. Not everyone has the ability
> to customize what their filters filter on (I'm sure there are more then
> a few Evolution and OE users on the list).
>

> --
> Let me meddle not in the affairs of Linuxen
> For I am an idiot and will toast my boxen.

Evolution supports filtering based on custom headers - has from back
during the "Milestone" days. Old Netscape and versions of mail, Mail and
mailx that haven't been updated may well not be able to handle custom
header filtering as well, but that is where things like procmail fill
the hole.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org