Re: About to go all Deb

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 19:15, John Anderson wrote:

> Well I recently tried out Mondo, and it filed the / partition and killed the
> machine it was using /tmp, probably due to new stupid user (me) however I
> don't want that to ever happen again, so will most likely end up with say 2
> Cd's worth or 1.5gig

I see your point and you are right. However, IIRC, some (all?)
filesystems have an option to reserve X MB of space for root, so you
won't end up with a completely hosed sstem. Or you could use disk quotas

> Sounds a reasonable approach, I will need to do a lot more reading before I
> make a final decision on swap.

Or save the time for something worthwhile. Disk is cheap :)
The current vm is not so picky about swapspace being twice RAM, or so I
read