Re: spamassassin - three basic questions

On February 21, 2003 01:13 pm, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> I bet you're not running spamd, which means you're taking the hit for
> starting up perl on every message scanned.  That would hurt pretty
> bad, now that I think about it...

You're correct.  I'm using kmail to fetch from POP3 mailservers and pipe each
message individually through "spamassassin -P -a".  I didn't realize that
using spamd would be so much faster.  I could switch to fetchmail for the
sake of spamd, although reading through the documentation I see that the
spamc daemon could also improve my performance without changing my mail setup
at all.  I'll give that a try first, and report back...