RE: [OT]Yahoo mail

previously said...

>I don't consider it a flaw at all. Yahoo was one of the best free
>pop mail providers, and I have probably tried every provider
>listed in emailaddresses.com (IIRC). Yahoo has since done away
>with the free pop, so I have reduced my account to sucking email
>alerts (like the Debian Security adivsory or the Marssociety
>newsletter) via the fetchyahoo script.
>
>Yahoo's fine as a fallback account or as an address I'd hand out
>to people I don't know too well. If they turned out to be
>relentless spammers, I could always sign up for a new
>account: no questions asked. Try that with your ISP.

Not a flaw?  I certainly consider it a flaw.  People knock Microsoft
products for their security flaws, but hotmail is a lot more secure than
yahoo.  My p/w was changed on a regularly basis, was a secure p/w (using
another, very rare language - no internet dictionaries available for this
language that I know of).  I couldn't change my secret question - there is
no where on the yahoo email page for you to change it - how *ucked is that?
I can change it on hotmail...

Of course hotmail is *ucked for spam...yahoo is much much much better.
Yahoo has a larger storage size, with associated webpage capability and also
photo storage (hey i'm a photographer...)

As a temporary mail storage yahoo is good, if you do NOT have irreplaceable
information stored there.  I should have (and could have) forwarded on each
and every email to my private mail account (I actually live with my ISP so
there :P) and then do an archive email to store them offline onto CD...I
wish I had now to some extent but I can't change the past. Anyways...those
considering using yahoo mail be careful - it is NOT secure.

Dave W Pastern