Re: wine and IE

Paul Johnson wrote:

>On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 01:43:29AM -0600, Gary Turner wrote:
>> If only that were true.  Every page I produce is 100% W3C compliant.
>> That's not enough.  In the area of CSS alone, IE for Windows is not
>> compliant, while IE for Mac is.
>
>So slap the appropriate W3C compliant buttons on there so if they want
>to test it out in Windows IE they can find out it's not you who sucks.

It's not really a question of who sucks and who blows ;)  Java Script,
Flash, frames, tables, and graphics are compliant technologies, so does
Lynx suck if it doesn't support them?  Do you tell folks to eff off if
they choose to use Lynx?

All web sites (except maybe 'look-at-me' sites) are meant to sell
something and/or provide information.  It stands to reason that the web
site designer is charged with the responsibility of making sure that the
site can be viewed by the maximum number of people and does not break on
some browser(s).  He can either back off some technologies, or provide
some kind of alternative, or maybe just decide that it's not all that
broken.  Without testing, how does he make an informed decision?
Telling your (potential) customers they're not welcome on your site is
not an option.
--
gt                  kk5st@sbcglobal.net
 If someone tells you---