Re: wine and IE

Paul Johnson wrote:

>On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 03:07:59PM -0600, DvB wrote:
>> I've never done this, but I've seen it done (with me own eyes! :-) I
>> don't think it worked as well as the native Linux browsers and probably
>> would crash as soon as it started doing its Direct-X crap but, for your
>> purposes, it would probably work (one would assume you do standards
>> compliant development).
>
>Well, if that's the assumption, why bother getting IE to work at all?
>If you go to the standard, and it works in one browser, than
>it'll work anywhere.  Save yourself the trouble.  8:o)

If only that were true.  Every page I produce is 100% W3C compliant.
That's not enough.  In the area of CSS alone, IE for Windows is not
compliant, while IE for Mac is.  NS v>6, and Mozilla v>.8 are.  Opera is
not.  And, let's not even get into how tables and frames are handled.
If you develop for the web, you just have to test, and test on every
browser (old and new) users might possibly choose.

--
gt                  kk5st@sbcglobal.net
 If someone tells you---