Re: wine and IE

Matthew Weier O'Phinney <matthew@weierophinney.net> writes:

> Has anybody on the list gotten IE to work under a normal wine install?
> Is it possible to get different versions to work under different install
> directories (this would be IDEAL!)? Would you be willing to give me some
> pointers?

I've never done this, but I've seen it done (with me own eyes! :-) I
don't think it worked as well as the native Linux browsers and probably
would crash as soon as it started doing its Direct-X crap but, for your
purposes, it would probably work (one would assume you do standards
compliant development).

As to the specifics, I saw it on a Mandrake system (I forget what
version, but post 7.0) and I believe it was being run from a FAT32
partition that was mounted under Linux. That's about all I know.

Your other options, of course, are VMWare and Plex86. I know the former
works quite well, if you don't mind paying for it.