Re: Gnome2 in testing - any chances?

Gregory Seidman <gss+debian@cs.brown.edu> writes:

> DvB sez:
> } The only real problem I have with gnome1.4 is that it appears to want to
> } create a new pager for every "workspace" I create with sawfish, so I've
> } ended up having one workspace and adding an extra row/column to it.
>
> Eh? I don't know what you mean by that.

I actually figured out how to fix it.

Sawfish-configurator->Workspaces

Bump number of workspaces up to 2 (or 3, or 4) and the Gnome panel pager
automatically replicaltes itself so that there are now two of them (or
3, or 4).

However, if I increase the number under "Rows of Desktops" in the "Desk
Guide Settings" for the pager, it will divide the current pager for more
desktops, instead of creating new ones... hopefully, this wasn't removed
in gnome2 :-)