Re: Gnome2 in testing - any chances?

DvB sez:
} Derrick 'dman' Hudson <dman@dman.ddts.net> writes:
} > On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 12:11:33AM +0100, René Seindal wrote:
} > | Is gnome2 worth the hassle?
} > No.  (IMO)
}
} Does this mean that, once gnome2 gets into testing, we're all screwed?

Um, well, depends on your point of view. I was running all unstable up
until a few months ago. It was the gnome2 transition that made me figure
out how to do pinning and such to have a testing/unstable mix. But I had to
keep using the machine for work-related stuff while I played with pinning
in my spare time, so I got used to gnome2. Now I like it far better than
1.4, especially the anti-aliased fonts, and never got around to downgrading
it.

} I keep hearing about how much less configurable gnome2 is relative to
} gnome1.4. Does this affect sawfish at all? I've done very little
} configuring on gnome itself, but I've gone to much trouble in getting
} sawfish to act the way I want it to and would rather it remained in a
} "working" state.

My sawfish configuration from gnome 1.4 was unaffected by the upgrade to
2.0 or 2.2. The only problem I've been having is that the binding control
panel for sawfish doesn't let me add or edit anymore (gives a GTK error).
It's a sawfish problem, not a gnome problem, and I'm expecting it to be
fixed before it hits testing.

} The only real problem I have with gnome1.4 is that it appears to want to
} create a new pager for every "workspace" I create with sawfish, so I've
} ended up having one workspace and adding an extra row/column to it.

Eh? I don't know what you mean by that.

--Greg