Re: The myth of aptitude simplicity

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 09:35:03 -0500
"Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca> wrote:

>     One of the best things about apt-get is that removals trace
>     dependencies,
> so if I want to remove all X packages, all I have to do is apt-get
> remove on a base X library, and _everything_ that depends on X
> transitively will be removed. There isn't a distribution around that
> has that functionality.

you can do the same thing in Mandrake using urpme, I'm sure Suse and
the rest have some way to do this.

cheers,
Alaa
--
get my PGP/GPG signature at
http://www.geocities.com/alaaov/pub_key.txt

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we
ourselves possess.
        -- Gandalf the Grey [J.R.R. Tolkien, "Lord of the Rings"]