Re: I will never go back to RH

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 12:39:50AM -0800, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> It only gets better from there, trust me.  I think apt is one
> of the highly-visible features that attracts people to debian.
> Policy is the real gold that makes the lifers.  Once you start
> to learn more about the system, you realize that it's the most
> coherent, well-thought-out system out there.  The people who
> make the decisions aren't concerned with gloss or deadlines,
> rather they're just geeks building the system the way it
> should be built: down to academic debates (and flamewars) over
> even the smallest system organization decisions.
>
> With so many organizations using Red Hat for everything, it's
> hard to explain why Debian is a better choice, since the
> benefits are most easily seen long-term.  One, for example, is
> that there is no need for reinstalls; the system just keeps
> working.

isn't redhat implementing apt-get on their stuff these days?

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0;
Linux server 2.4.20-k6 #1 Mon Jan 13 23:49:14 EST 2003 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #122 from Alexander Steinert <stony8@gmx.de>
:
Looking for a BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO DEBIAN SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION?
You might want to take a look at the documents under
http://www.infodrom.ffis.de/Debian/doc/ -- especially
http://www.infodrom.ffis.de/Debian/doc/maint/