Re: Printer Problems

A further update.  I started double checking everything.  I proofread
mime.convs and mime.types again, then ran dpkg -l|grep -i cups and
started running debsums with the "a" option which I hadn't used before.

debsums -as cupsys
debsums: checksum mismatch cupsys file /etc/cups/cupsd.conf

debsums -as libcupsys2
debsums: checksum mismatch libcupsys2 file /etc/cups/client.conf

Next I tried apt-get --reinstall install cupsys and then repeating
debsums -as cupsys with the same result as above.

What might I do to correct these mismatches?

Tom George

PS  I removed both my printer definitions and re-installed lp with the
CUPS+GIMP-print v4.2.2-pre2 driver.  It still doesn't work from a
terminal - same old error - but I found that I could open the
/etc/cups/ppd/lp.ppd file with mozilla and print it!  I used the
printout to double check against the ppd lines in the last message.

With this workaround I presumably can print any file I want but its awkward.
For example, I can't print a message directly from mutt.

tg