Re: Printer Problems

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 09:58:31AM -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:

This latter is the one I use with my Epson 860 without having errors
you report.

> *PPD-Adobe: "4.3"
> *%PPD file for CUPS/GIMP-print.
> *%Copyright 1993-2001 by Easy Software Products, All Rights Reserved.
> *%This PPD file may be freely used and distributed under the terms of
> *%the GNU GPL.
> *FormatVersion:	"4.3"
> *FileVersion:	"4.2.2-pre2"
> *LanguageVersion: English
> *LanguageEncoding: ISOLatin1
> *PCFileName:	"escp2-860.ppd"
> *Manufacturer:	"EPSON"
> *Product:	"(GIMP-print v4.2.2-pre2)"
> *ModelName:     "escp2-860"
> *ShortNickName: "EPSON Stylus Color 860"
> *NickName:      "EPSON Stylus Color 860, CUPS+GIMP-print v4.2.2-pre2"
> *PSVersion:	"(3010.000) 550"
> *LanguageLevel:	"2"
> *ColorDevice:	True
> *DefaultColorSpace: RGB
*FileSystem:    False
*LandscapeOrientation: Plus90
*TTRasterizer:  Type42
*cupsVersion:   1.1
*cupsModelNumber: "16"
*cupsManualCopies: True
*cupsFilter:    "application/vnd.cups-raster 100 rastertoprinter"
*cupsFilter:    "application/vnd.cups-command 33 commandtoepson"
*OpenUI *PageSize: PickOne
*OrderDependency: 10 AnySetup *PageSize
*DefaultPageSize: Letter
etc.

The error you reported in prior email thread is a typical ghostscript
error that results if you try to display a nonpostscript file. It
seems that the cups filter is not converting your text file to
postscript before passing it to gs-esp. That sound like a mime
definition problem, but we already checked the cups mime definitions.

Just on a lark, do you get the same error with "lpr printtest" and
"lpr -p printtest"?

--
Jerome