Re: libc6: How to downgrade

Hello Calber Chainy,

Unfortunately the command "apt-get -t unstable libc6"
didn't do the job for me. I added the file
/etc/apt/apt.conf you decribed (I didn't have it there
so I created it) but it didn't do the trick.

However, you're message made me think my understanding
of the apt-get program was not complete - so I had a
close look at the manual and found the following - you
can do this: (on apt-get v. 0.5.4)

apt-get install libc6/stable

which searches for a stable program of libc6.

After doing this, I get another error:

Sorry, but the following packages have unmet
dependencies:
  libgtk1.2: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.5-13) but
2.2.5-11.2 is to be installed

Doing the same trick "apt-get install
libgtk1.2/stable" returns to the first status

Sorry, but the following packages have unmet
dependencies:
  libc6: Depends: libdb1-compat but it is not
installable
  libc6-dev: Depends: libc6 (= 2.2.5-11.2) but
2.3.1-10 is to be installed
  locales: Depends: glibc-2.2.5-11.2

Do you know how to solve this ?

Thanks for the input so far,