GDM & Xvnc

Hullo!

My problem is this: GDM won't let me login properly. It displays the
desktop manager, asks for login and password, and after some time, the
same desktop manager pops up again, asking for login again. Repeat loop
until you get the point.

The setup: I don't know if it's relevant, but I think it is, since gdm
never gave me any trouble before. Here goes:
I've set up gdm to use Xvnc instead of the normal X, since this is a
server that noone will logon at the console, only remotly will people
logon. I've done this by editing gdm.conf.

Anyone got any ideas? Nothing relevant is being logged anywhere, as far as
I can see.

Cheers,

Andrés