Re: libc6: How to downgrade

* Joris Huizer <joris_huizer@yahoo.com> [03-02-2003 23:03]:
> Unfortunately the command "apt-get -t unstable libc6"
> didn't do the job for me. I added the file
> /etc/apt/apt.conf you decribed (I didn't have it there
> so I created it) but it didn't do the trick.

Did you run apt-get update after changing apt.conf?

If you install an unstable package with -t unstable you will be
asked to confirm the upgrade of all relevant packages. This could
well be almost anything that is currently installed.

If uptime and availbility of your system is important to you than
yoi should think hard before running unstable. All my servers are
running stable, only my desktop runs a mix of testing and unstable.

Bob