Re: CDRW UDF file system scripts

-- Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote
(on Friday, 31 January 2003, 06:01 PM +0000):
> On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 10:32:36AM -0500, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
> > Have you tried the update-rc.d executable? My understanding is that when
> > the various init scripts are added/deleted/moved with this, debconf
> > won't change them.
>
> Firstly, it's not debconf (that's *exclusively* the interface that pops
> up to ask you questions and the limited number of things that interact
> with it over its standardized protocol, not the Debian package
> configuration process in general - they are often confused).

Oops. My bad. But from your wording, I'm not sure if you're saying it's
the package configuration process that causes changes to the SysV script
order/placement, or something else...?

> Secondly, see http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-0301/msg04972.html; I
> posted some comments on the non-magicalness of update-rc.d there.

I'll take a look. But if you notice my original post, I also note that
in *my experience* changing the order in which scripts load/unload in
the individual runlevel directories has not caused problems -- whether
or not this is true everytime was up for someone else to point out --
thank you for doing so!

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net