CDRW UDF file system scripts

Greetings,

I recently patched my kernel so that I could use a CDRW as a
regular file system for backup purposes. Right know I manually
run:
     pktsetup /dev/pktcdvd0 /dev/scd1

and then mount the drive with the following options in fstab:

     rw,user,noatime,noauto

everything works well but if I shutdown and forget to manually
unmount the cdrw the system hangs when trying to unmount the local
filesystems.  Which script(s) do I have to modify to run "pktsetup"
on bootup automatically and also be able to shutdown properly.

Thanks in advance
Roy P.